Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oopsies...

We accidentally ascended the highest peak in the UAE a few days ago...





The Jebel Hafeet, which looks over the Empty Quarter (that's Al Ain in the background). Really, we were just hungry for a recognizable lunch to ease our transition...so we drove up the mountain road to see what the resort on top could offer us.

I will say the rock formations are unusual and interesting in a sci-fi kind of way, but I had much the same impression I did when I moved from the American West to the northeast of the same country and mistook Mt. Washington in New England for a hill. That probably says more about me than the geography.

As g-d wills it....

1 comment:

  1. I have to correct my own post- Jebel Hafeet is the second tallest peak in the UAE, but is the most popular.

    Nice work, "journalist".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Stay positive!