Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dear Blog,

Dear Burwell General Store,
We have been together for some time now, and I still and will always consider you the only blog for me. Over the past eight months, we have taken intimate journeys of fancy dinners and exotic travel, but lately, you've been feeling neglected, and I can tell, because last week, you mysteriously changed all your highlighted link colors to an attention-grabbing purple, and a shocking blue when someone clicks on your links. You've hidden from me the ways in which I would fix this problem. I still love you, but there are a few things I need to tell you.

I've been cheating on you with another blog. The reason I'm posting with you only once a week is because I am running around on the side. It's actually not just one blog, it's two, but that's it, I promise. They are really nice blogs and I think you would like them. I want to make this mess up to you. Next week, let's move, let's get out of this Blogger rut. I bought us a new place over on WordPress. We can start over. All our history, all our photos will all come with us, but you will look better, and I will feel refreshed and relieved that we both have a new home to build upon. And slowly, I would like to introduce you to the new content I've been creating with others.  It's a very unique relationship we have, Burwell General Store, like an episode of Sister Wives, but I think we can find a way to make this work.

Please accept these flowers to distract you from what I just said above.
My warmest thoughts,
Your Owner

4 comments:

  1. First Arnold, then the Weiner and now you! What is this world coming to?

    New digs, huh? Me too. Almost ready to shut down the Blogger spot to migrate the whole shootin' match over to WP. Almost ready...see you on the other side...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be so glad you moved on... Can't wait to see what you've been up to. And I won't miss the silly word captcha things I have to fill out to comment! Reason enough for a divorce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need any wordpress help, my love, you just let me know. You have my number. Shoot me a text or call any time. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good move, very good move. And very sweet goodbye too. I pledge of allegiance to WordPress; you will not be sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Stay positive!