Monday, October 18, 2010

Early Hibernation.

My writing just hibernated for the winter, early.  That's what it seems like, anyway.  The ideas just kind of flatlined.  I thought to pen something informative, like what I'm learning about stress, but I feel late to the table on stress management; everyone already knows this stuff and I'm just finally taking notice after a doctor told me to do so.

I have been working on this idea that there are two paths one can take a mind down.  One path is stress and worry, gateway drugs to worse things like depression.  Another path is meditation, which leads a mind down the exact opposite path towards calm and contemplation. In my mind, worry and meditation are in separate corners, in a constant contest. One will step forward, the other one needs to respond or get tossed out of the ring.

Clearly, the only thing left to do at this point is to create a Meditation Superhero, and let it win.  Superheros need belts, capes, gold stars and happy endings.  Or, if I was going to grow up about it, they need nurturing, cultivation, encouragement and room to grow. But, my sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project just showed up today, so, it's time for my imagination to run wild for a bit.

Meditation Superhero!  Do Nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Stay positive!